Description et responsabilités générales du poste
Category: Ball Screw and Actuators
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
Responsibilities associated with this position are typically performed in a manufacturing environment and driving a truck on the road. Movement through industrial or manufacturing areas is required. Appropriate personal protective wear and consistent observance of established safety policies at all times. Heroux-Devtek at Beaver Aerospace & Defense maintains compliance with FAA and DOT regulations by ensuring a drug-free workplace.
Summary of position
The Truck Driver handles incoming and outgoing shipments and drives appropriate vehicles to make these deliveries and pickups. This job description indicates the general nature and level of the work that is expected. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties may be required.
• Obey traffic laws, and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
• Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
• Load and unload trucks, and other appropriate vehicles.
• Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
• Maintain records in accordance with regulations.
• Read maps, and follow written and verbal directions.
• Report delays, accidents, and/or other transportation situations.
• Map out route to best utilize time. Load truck in reverse order of stops.
• Pick up loads when requested.
• Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipments.
• Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route material.
• Obtain signatures for drop-offs and pick-ups.
• Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting and recordkeeping purposes.
• Assist shipping department as required.
• Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
Qualifications requises et exigences• Clean Driving Record
• High school diploma
• Knowledge of DOT regulations and traffic laws.
• Ability to use Forklift
• Familiarity with use of manifests
Compétences et habiletés
- Formation : Autre
- Expérience : Autre
- Profil : Autre