Description et responsabilités générales du poste
Category: Ball Screw and Actuators
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
Responsibilities associated with this position are typically performed in an industrial-manufacturing setting requiring appropriate personal protective wear and consistent observance of established safety policies at all times. Heroux-Devtek at Beaver Aerospace & Defense maintains compliance with FAA and DOT regulations by ensuring a drug-free workplace.
Summary of position
The Technical Sales Engineer key responsibilities include delivering product demonstrations, networking with clients, expanding sales territories, attending seminars and trade exhibitions, conducting research, increasing knowledge of technical products, and providing training to staff. The successful person should demonstrate great active listening skills, patience, and confidence. Outstanding candidates are self-starters with superb networking abilities, research skills, and a good eye for opportunities.
• Serves customers by identifying their needs and engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
• Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and others in a position to understand service requirements.
• Acts as program manager for key assigned accounts, managing both customer expectations as well as internal status.
• Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
• Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers and planning and organizing sales call schedule.
• Prepares cost estimates by studying all related customer documents, consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional personnel.
• Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment and engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
• Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
• Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff and costing engineering changes.
• Develops customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
• Support quoting activities on new opportunities and participate in contract review process.
• Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
Qualifications requises et exigences• Bachelor University degree with a concentration in a technical field
• 10+ years of industry sales experience
• Strong project management and leadership skills
• Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
• Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data
• Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions
Compétences et habiletés
- Formation : Autre
- Expérience : Autre
- Profil : Autre