Description et responsabilités générales du poste
Category: Landing Gear
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
The Landing Gear Market specializes in the design, qualification, manufacture and repair and overhaul of landing gears and flight critical components to a customer base that extends from the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to the Operators in both the commercial and military markets.
Summary of position
Reporting to the Industrialization Director, the Strategic Procurement Specialist main mandate is to select and set up the supply chain for our landing gear system development projects, improving processes while respecting costs, deadlines, and specifications of quality as per company's strategy.
• Serve as the main point of contact for the project team for procurement on the programs to which he is assigned.
• Define the list of potential suppliers and conduct the RFQ exercise on the various equipment/parts of the Landing Gear System Material Bill (design and built-to-print suppliers) to produce the first prototype and first customer deliveries of the product.
• Source and present recommended suppliers and have them approved by management.
• Negotiate contracts & agreements with selected suppliers in accordance with the entrusted mandate (NRC cost, RC, minimization of contractual risks) in line with customer contracts and specifications.
• Analyze requisitions and issue purchase orders in accordance with established procedures.
• Obtain manufacturing plans/techniques when required.
• Follow up with suppliers to ensure product delivery in accordance with the prescribed deadlines.
• Update the system with the latest delivery information
• Identify and communicate critical situations with Management
• Visit suppliers to resolve issues as required
• Keep planning information up to date.
• Manage supplier performance (monitoring and feedback).
Qualifications requises et exigences• Bachelor's degree in operations management, engineering, or related education with at least five (5) to eight (8) years of experience in strategic procurement in the manufacturing field.
• Experience in the aeronautics sector. (Asset)
• Experience in commercial and contractual negotiation. (Must)
• Excellent communicator
• English and French bilingualism, spoken and written
• Knowledge of an MRP/ERP system
• Knowledge of quality standards used in aeronautics. (Asset)
Compétences et habiletés
- Formation : Autre
- Expérience : Autre
- Profil : Autre