Ingénieur des matériaux
Description et responsabilités générales du poste
We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of ondemand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to be an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
Summary of job description
- Address and resolve metallurgical problems or issues in the production, quality assurance, supplier, procurement and product support areas.
- Approve testing and evaluation of metallic materials, processes, parts and / or assemblies. Execute fatigue testing and analysis of metallic materials.
- Provide technical support to Design Engineering, reviewing and approving drawings in all phases of material selection and processing.
- Perform process audits and check and approve releases of planning. Assess and prescribe dispositions for part discrepancies for metallic materials and / or processes.
- Initiate, coordinate, train, contribute and / or execute technical programs providing for data analysis, report writing and presentation.
- Prepare and or review materials & process specification changes.
- Provide technical support to the Metallurgical lab personnel during evaluation of metallic materials.
- Contribute to applied research with a view to developing or optimizing manufacturing processes.
- Complete routine/recurring M&P engineering assignments independently.
Qualifications requises et exigences
- Functional knowledge of French and English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgical or Materials Engineering, with a minimum of three (3) years of pertinent experience with metallic materials and processes in an aerospace environment.
- Will require good interpersonal skills. The position involves frequent interaction with other engineering and non-engineering groups.
- Knowledge of Failure Analysis and NDT techniques used in metallic evaluations is an asset.
- Available for occasional international travel.
- Any other combination of schooling and experience deemed equivalent may be considered.
Don’t miss the chance to join a diverse, inclusive environment where you feel a sense of belonging. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where unique experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
Bell Textron Canada Ltee adheres to the principles of Employment Equity.
Compétences et habiletés
- Formation : Universitaires
- Expérience : 3 ans ou plus
- Profil : Ingénieur des matériaux