Héroux-Devtek, dont le siège social est situé à Longueuil (Québec) au Canada, est une société active à l’échelle mondiale desservant le marché de l’aérospatiale par le biais d’ installations de production situées en Amérique du Nord et en Europe. La longévité de la société, sa souplesse et ses réalisations en matière de développement et de mise en oeuvre de systèmes de production novateurs lui ont permis de se démarquer comme un chef de file dans le marché des trains d'atterrissage.
Description et responsabilités générales du poste
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Division: Landing Gear
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
The Landing Gear Market specializes in the design, qualification, manufacture and repair and overhaul of landing gears and flight critical components to a customer base that extends from the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to the Operators in both the commercial and military markets.
Summary of position
Our Strongsville, Ohio location is seeking an NDT Technician. You will be working closely with the Level III to maintain and grow the department.
In addition to performing various tasks closely related to their main functions, the job incumbent will be tasked with cleaning, surface treatment and inspection on mechanical and hydraulic components.
• Perform magnetic particle inspections on a stationary horizontal unit
• Perform daily calibrations to monitor performance and effectiveness of NDT systems
• Dimensionally inspect parts to drawing requirements
• Responsible for creating part-specific techniques
• Track parts in the ERP system
• Accurately document inspection findings
• Read and interpret drawings, instructions, procedures and/or standards
• Focal for customer audits
• Effectively communicate with engineers and internal customers
• Maintain NDT systems in compliance with customer, aerospace, and regulatory requirements
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Inspects chemically treated metallic under fluorescent or black lighting for defects, such as fissures, weld breaks, or fractures, using magnetic particle inspection processes and equipment, using of following methods: Sprays ferrous magnetic metal parts with iron oxide solution.
• Positions parts between electrodes of magnetic testing equipment and activates switch to induce magnetic field that attracts and accumulates iron oxide particles at defective points.
• Review and use HPS 117B-5 guidelines throughout the daily functions
• Vapor degreases excess solution from parts.
• Examines parts with black lighting to detect defects at or near part surfaces indicated by thick deposits of iron oxide particles.
• Notifies supervisor or inspection of defective processing of parts or materials.
• Must be acceptable to do general floor cleaning and moving parts as required.
• Comply with oven loads and pulls as required.
• Obtain forklift-training certificate from HDI.
• Use of overhead crane after HDI training.
• Clean M.P.I. room at end of shift and remove any oily materials from all Black light bulbs.
• Maintain and order materials needed to sustain production levels.
Qualifications requises et exigences• Must be at least a Level 2 Magnetic Particle Certified and liquid penetrant inspection according to standard NAS 410 or ASNT.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 5+ years’ experience magnetic particle testing with large aerospace components
• Will have to successfully pass written and practical exams for NAS 410 certification.
Compétences et habiletés
- Formation : Autre
- Expérience : Autre
- Profil : Qualité