Description et responsabilités générales du poste
Category: Landing Gear
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
The Landing Gear Market specializes in the design, qualification, manufacture and repair and overhaul of landing gears and flight critical components to a customer base that extends from the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to the Operators in both the commercial and military markets.
Summary of position
The role of Continuous Improvement Engineer is to drive developments in manufacturing efficiencies, Standardising machining strategy, implementing Software standardisation improvements (CATIA / VERICUT / In PROCESS inspection Etc.) and NPI processes by utilizing continuous improvement techniques within the Nottingham facility.
This is an exciting opportunity for the incumbent to influence decision making throughout the organisation and to gain valuable strategic cross functional knowledge.
The key responsibilities of this position are:
1. Implement standardisation improvement projects to all Engineering processes
NPI Process / Tool libraries / cutting strategy / CATIA V5 / VERICUT / In process Inspection Techniques
2. To be a “leader of change” whilst being comfortable working with all levels within the organization and having the confidence to question the status quo
3. Manage and lead continuous improvement projects, as well as be a trainer and coach to others
4. Apply lean manufacturing tools (PFMEA, time studies etc..) and methodology in the implementation of manufacturing excellence initiatives
5. Drive the standardisation of processes and the implementation of metrics and best practices.
Main Challenge (Mandate)
1. Improve quality of NPI (new product introduction) of CNC machined components
2. Enhance Manufacturing Engineering Methods & planning strategy / CATIA programming / NPI Process / Tool libraries / cutting strategy / CATIA V5 / VERICUT / In process Inspection Techniques
3. Ramp up new machine’s capacity/efficiency + deliver increased combo hours
Qualifications requises et exigences1. Qualified Time served Machinist with Mill-turn / 5Axis / Milling Experience
2. Qualified CATIA V5 Manufacturing software (Mill-turn / 5Axis / Milling)
3. Proven hands on Knowledge base manufacturing software / Programming / VERICUT validation software and in process inspection (Renishaw etc.)
4. Demonstrable experience of continuous improvement techniques within their own working
5. Results orientated. Self-driven.
6. Effective communication techniques which have been demonstrated throughout the organisation.
Compétences et habiletés
- Formation : Autre
- Expérience : Autre
- Profil : Autre