Héroux-Devtek, dont le siège social est situé à Longueuil (Québec) au Canada, est une société active à l’échelle mondiale desservant le marché de l’aérospatiale par le biais d’ installations de production situées en Amérique du Nord et en Europe. La longévité de la société, sa souplesse et ses réalisations en matière de développement et de mise en oeuvre de systèmes de production novateurs lui ont permis de se démarquer comme un chef de file dans le marché des trains d'atterrissage.
Description et responsabilités générales du poste
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Division: Landing Gear
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
The Landing Gear Market specializes in the design, qualification, manufacture and repair and overhaul of landing gears and flight critical components to a customer base that extends from the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to the Operators in both the commercial and military markets.
Summary of position
This facility (63,000 sq. ft.) provides repair and overhaul activities and manufacture of hydraulic system and components.
1. Supervision of workers engaged in production machining/tooling.
- Ensure that all HSE and operational procedures are followed and foster a clean work environment.
- Recommend measures to improve programming, tool usage, setup, operating techniques, equipment performance, and shop layout to increase department efficiency.
- Facilitate accurate employee reporting of material pick list, time scan, scrap rate and quality tracking data.
- Accountable for dimensional/tolerance accuracy, per blueprints and specifications, on all machined parts.
- Establish ongoing maintenance schedule for all CNC machines, shop tools and ancillary equipment.
- Schedule outside maintenance and repairs when needed.
- Promote teamwork and effective problem solving.
- Recommend additional staff as needed.
- Conduct 90 day new hire reviews, ongoing performance reviews and necessary interim consultations with all direct reports.
- Ensure projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure the tool crib is functioning as required and we are fully supported by the vendor.
- Motivate the area in regards to sense of urgency on quality, cost and on time delivery.
- Complete any RCCA issued for the area in a timely manner.
2. Supervision of shop floor leads and Material Handler.
- Work with leads to improve machine utilization to ensure on time delivery.
- Assist in communication with all support groups to ensure maximum uptime on equipment.
- Support ideas to achieve improved efficiency and cost savings.
- Support the leads on staffing, training and cross training of employees.
- Ensure the material handler starts the jobs on time and supports chip removal, etc.
3. Assist in the evaluation and implementation of new projects.
- Interprets blueprints and specifications to determine compatibility with our equipment and capabilities.
- Work with engineering to develop accurate estimation of setup time, machine time, scrap rate and required tooling for producing new parts.
- Help to supply procurement personnel with correct raw stock material specifications.
4. Work with Production Manager to meet internal assembly and outside customer delivery requirements.
- Production team member responsible for adhering to the shop schedule.
- Communicate shop schedule to employees (post where applicable) and manage unscheduled changes.
5. Safety Assurance
- Ensure employees understand HSE processes and procedures.
- Provide feedback to Production Manager on any incidents.
- Perform incident investigation and report lost time accidents to HR and Production Manager
Qualifications requises et exigencesTraining and Experience :
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required, with a minimum of 10 years of combined trade school, vocational education or work experience.
Work Environment :
Works in both an office and shop environment.
- High noise level from operating machines.
- Breathing fumes and dust.
- Physical exertion associated with moving equipment and parts.
Physical Demands :
Stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
- Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
- Exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or
- Exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Visual Acuity :
Near acuity and accommodation are required for reading machine dial gauges, blueprints, precision measuring instruments, computer screens and documents.
Responsibility and Expectation:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, work order routers, bills of material and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence utilizing appropriate spelling, grammar and punctuation. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized and specialized situations.
Basic computer skills – Microsoft Office and ERP systems
The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Compétences et habiletés
- Formation : Autre
- Expérience : Autre
- Profil : Autre