We are thyssenkrupp Aerospace, a thyssenkrupp Materials Services company and partner for the world’s leading aerospace companies and their supply chains. We reduce the complexity of our customers' supply chain management by:
Understanding our clients – this is the basis of our success
Warehousing – the stock of aerospace materials we keep for our clients is the largest available in the industry
Processing – we deliver material that fits in perfectly with our clients' manufacturing and can be processed immediately
Worldwide – our global presence with more than 40 service centers in 20 countries is a key advantage in cooperating with us
Just-in-time – focusing on our customers' material and information flow, we optimize supply delivery to the point of use
With our wide market know-how, as well, as our detailed knowledge of our customers' individual business needs we offer more than aerospace materials. We provide tailor made solutions.
It's not only what we do. It's how we do it that makes us special.
Description et responsabilités générales du poste
The Lean Champion will be an internal expert with the full range of Lean Manufacturing tools to
champion the implementation of Lean Manufacturing within the assigned branch and will be
accountable for using Lean techniques to increase employee engagement to establish a culture
of continuous improvement and waste elimination. Incumbent is expected to work extensively
as an active participant as well as facilitator of teams that are working to eliminate waste in their
work processes. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager.
Key Accountabilities for Lean Champion:
· Works closely with the Operational Excellence Manager in the development
of a road map for lean across the assigned branch and facilitates cross-functional
expert teams to drive a breakthrough or best-in-class performance in people, quality,
material flow, information flow and cost.
o Ensures best practices are implemented.
o Partners with branch leadership to develop a continuous process
improvement culture and infrastructure.
o Develops trust with branch supervision and is viewed as not only the Lean
expert but a support resource for information and guidance.
· Develops Lean Work Plan and provides direction and guidance using a hypothesis
driven, fact-based problem-solving approach.
· Leads and manages a variety of lean tools to reduce costs, improve delivery,
eliminate waste and build customer satisfaction.
o Value Stream Mapping (current and future state)
o Kaizen planning and facilitation
o Total Productive Maintenance
o Single Minute Exchange of Dies
o Standard Work
o 5S/Workplace Organization
o Visual Management
o Flow Concepts (DFT, One Piece, JIT, Cell Design)
o Pull Systems/KanBan
o Level Load Scheduling
o Continuous Improvement Process
o Data Analysis and Statistical Problem Solving
· Executes on Rapid Improvement events.
· Monitors and tracks improvements made through Lean initiatives with formal
reporting & presentations. Develop scorecard/key metrics to monitor progress both
before and after process redesign.
· Assures timely completion and achievement of product/process quality and savings
Qualifications requises et exigences
· Four (4) year college degree (BS/BA).
· Aerospace experience (an asset).
· 1-3 years experience that has included utilizing Lean principles, Total
Quality, 5s implementation, KanBan Systems, Toyota Production Systems (TPS), Six
Sigma, 5S/Worplace Organization, Visual Management, SMED, Standard Work, Flow
Concepts, Level Load scheduling and other problem solving CI tools.
o Ability to demonstrate solid understanding and knowledge of all Lean
Principles and Manufacturing Principles including Process, Information and
· Two (2) plus years experience leading rapid improvement teams, Kaizen events and/or
other Lean projects.
· Demonstrated success in planning and leading successful Lean Kaizen events with
o Ability to motivate teams and drive results.
· High level of statistical knowledge and the ability to apply analysis techniques to
product and process improvement projects.
o Must be able to breakdown complex situations, perform advanced analysis of
complex data sets and information in order to deliver effective solutions.
· Strategic, creative and innovative.
· Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
· Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
· Effective Teaching and Training skills.
o Ability to engage audience with self-assurance and strong presence.
· Concise and effective written communication skills (metrics, slide design, etc.)
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.)
· MBA or equivalent higher education.
· Six sigma black belt
· Operations or manufacturing management background
· Engineering degree
Compétences et habiletés
- Formation : Universitaires
- Expérience : 1 an ou plus
- Profil : Ingénierie