Héroux-Devtek, dont le siège social est situé à Longueuil (Québec) au Canada, est une société active à l’échelle mondiale desservant le marché de l’aérospatiale par le biais d’ installations de production situées en Amérique du Nord et en Europe. La longévité de la société, sa souplesse et ses réalisations en matière de développement et de mise en oeuvre de systèmes de production novateurs lui ont permis de se démarquer comme un chef de file dans le marché des trains d'atterrissage.
Description et responsabilités générales du poste
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Division: Landing Gear
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
The Landing Gear Market specializes in the design, qualification, manufacture and repair and overhaul of landing gears and flight critical components to a customer base that extends from the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to the Operators in both the commercial and military markets.
Summary of position
Sets up and operates a minimum of two numerical control machines to cut, shape, or form metal workpieces to specifications. Still in training.
• Reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence, and dimensions of finished workpiece.
• Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures workpiece in fixture according to setup instructions, using clamps, bolts, handtools, power tools, and measuring instruments, such as ruler and caliper.
• Assembles cutting tools in toolholders and positions toolholders in machine spindles as specified, using handtools, or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
• Loads control media, such as disk, tape, or punch card, machine control console or enters commands to retrieve preprogrammed machine instructions from data base.
• Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine.
• Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
• Changes cutting tools and location of workpiece during machining process as specified in setup instructions.
• Measures workpiece for conformance to specification, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, dial indicators, and gauges.
• Notifies supervisor of discrepancies.
• (May) Adjusts machine feed and speed and change cutters to machine parts according to specifications when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
• (May) Machines materials other than metal, such as composites, plastic, and rubber.
• Communicates with co-workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate activities.
• Inspects and measures parts to maintain statistical process control charts.
1. Safety Assurance
• Be informed on the conditions affecting the safety of their work
• Participate in safety training
• Adhere to established safety practices
• Report near misses and incidents
• Assist in incident investigations
Qualifications requises et exigencesTraining and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required. Must have 3 to 4 years of trade school, vocational education, work experience, or apprenticeship.
• stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
• exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
• exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or
• exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Licenses Required: None
Near acuity and accommodation are required for reading machine dial gauges, blueprints, and precision measuring instruments used in the inspection of parts.
Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
• high noise levels from operating machines
• physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts
• breathing fumes, dust and mist
• skin exposure to oils and cutting fluid
Responsibility and Expectation:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, work order routers, bills of material and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence utilizing appropriate spelling, grammar and punctuation. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized and specialized situations.
Basic computer skills preferred.
The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Compétences et habiletés
- Formation : Autre
- Expérience : Autre
- Profil : Autre