Ingénieur mécanicien, Ingénieur en aérospatiale
Description et responsabilités générales du poste
We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to work for an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
Bell is seeking a self-motivated Handling Qualities Engineer to join Bell’s Commercial Development Systems team. The individual will support the development of new/upgrade commercial products and platforms. This position will be part of a diverse team of engineers capable of executing in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare test plans, evaluate helicopter performance and handling qualities by analysis and flight test, and document results in comprehensive reports.
- Calculate helicopter stability and control characteristics as well as performance. Support flight test programs and resolve handling qualities and other aerodynamic problems.
- Support Handling Qualities and Performance Development and Certification Flight Testing of new and existing rotorcraft at Bell Textron Canada Limited.
- Provide handling qualities and performance technical support to design engineering for new product development and legacy rotorcraft product improvements.
- Provide handling qualities and performance technical support to Marketing and Product Support Engineering.
- Provide technical expertise to technicians and other support personnel to resolve issues regarding helicopter stability, control and performance.
Ne ratez pas votre chance de vous joindre à un milieu diversifié et inclusif qui favorise un sentiment d’appartenance.
En tant que membre de notre effectif mondial, vous collaborerez avec des équipes dévouées et enthousiastes, dont les différences d’expériences, d’antécédents et d’idées et une solide passion pour nos produits nous permettent d’aller au-delà du vol.
Bell Textron Canada Ltée adhère aux principes d’équité en matière d’emploi.
Qualifications requises et exigences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering required; an advanced degree would be preferred.
- At least 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of rotorcraft handling qualities and performance analysis and flight test techniques.
- Excellent computer skills (for Windows environment as well as the learning of new engineering codes)
- Good knowledge of French and English.
- Demonstrated engineering intuition, critical thinking, comfort with ambiguity
- Strong oral and written skills as this position involves working with a diverse team of experienced professionals, customers and suppliers
- Coordinate between engineering teams, suppliers and customers
- Work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams to define cross-functional interfaces and conduct trade studies as designs move from concept to production
- Collaborating with engineers from other disciplines to include flight controls, propulsion, airframe structures, rotors, and drive systems
- Experience in Matlab/Simulink based models
- ADS-33 and other Handling Qualities specifications preferred
- Flight control system development and testing in a systems integration lab preferred
Don't miss your chance to join a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters a sense of belonging.
As part of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated and enthusiastic teams, whose diverse backgrounds, backgrounds and ideas and a strong passion for our products allow us to go beyond theft.
Bell Textron Canada Ltd. adheres to the principles of employment equity.
Compétences et habiletés
- Formation : Universitaires
- Expérience : 3 ans ou plus
- Profils : Ingénieur mécanicien, Ingénieur en aérospatiale