Héroux-Devtek, dont le siège social est situé à Longueuil (Québec) au Canada, est une société active à l’échelle mondiale desservant le marché de l’aérospatiale par le biais d’ installations de production situées en Amérique du Nord et en Europe. La longévité de la société, sa souplesse et ses réalisations en matière de développement et de mise en oeuvre de systèmes de production novateurs lui ont permis de se démarquer comme un chef de file dans le marché des trains d'atterrissage.
Description et responsabilités générales du poste
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Division: Landing Gear
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
The Landing Gear Market specializes in the design, qualification, manufacture and repair and overhaul of landing gears and flight critical components to a customer base that extends from the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to the Operators in both the commercial and military markets.
Summary of position
Sets up and operates internal grinding machines to grind internal cylindrical and tapered surfaces of rotating metal workpieces, such as tool, die, and machined parts, usually for limited runs, analyzes blueprints and specifications of selecting tooling according to knowledge of internal grinding procedures.
• Studies blueprint or layout on workpiece to visualize grinding to be done and plans sequence of operations.
• Selects grinding wheel, according to knowledge of metal properties and abrasives, and mounts wheel on spindle.
• Moves controls and reads dial to set angle of workpiece to grinding wheel, following product specifications.
• Dresses wheel manually or with preset device.
• Positions and secures workpiece on faceplate, magnetic chuck, or in chuck jaws, using wrenches.
• Selects as set grinding wheel speed, work surface speed, and workpiece table travel rate, according to knowledge of metal properties and abrasives.
• Positions and tightens stops to set depth of grinding wheel cut and stroke of workpiece table.
• Moves controls to feed wheel to workpiece manually and automatically.
• Verifies dimensions of ground workpiece for conformance to specifications, using such measuring instruments as micrometers, dial indicators, and gage blocks.
• Sizes and micro finish and all related blueprint dimensions.
• Report production time for each job plan.
• May dress grinding wheel to specified profile for contour grinding, using special features and tools.
• May grind nonmetallic materials, such as plastics.
• May operate tracer attachment to duplicate contours from templates or models.
• May set up machine for other operations.
Qualifications requises et exigencesEducation:
• High School diploma or GED equivalent.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in job related environment including previous work in forming grinding wheels (radius, angles).
Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to read blueprints and manufacturing sketches.
• Be able to read inspection tools and have knowledge of Quality Control, gages, and micrometers.
• Have ability to set tool lengths for each machine in department.
• Ability to speak, read, and write English.
• Basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
• Understand procedures and production schedules.
• Good physical condition; able to lift heavy loads.
• Knowledge of arithmetic involving decimals, fractions and its application to the reading
of drawings and measuring instruments or the calculations, and recording dimensions.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Compétences et habiletés
- Formation : Autre
- Expérience : Autre
- Profil : Autre