Description et responsabilités générales du poste
MTLS Aerostructure is an innovative company offering aerospace engineering services, based in Montreal and we conduct our operations across Canada, United states, and Europe. We aim to exceed our clients’ expectations with our proactive partnership approach and to promote our ambassador’s expertise.
Do you want to have a key role in a human-sized structure?
Are you ready to meet new challenges by actively participating in different projects?
Are you proactive and known for your efficiency and your organizational skills?
We offer you the opportunity to join our team within a dynamic and a growing SME facing new challenges every day.
- Leading the Flight control algorithm design tasks and ensuring the quality of deliverables respecting the schedule (AFCS algorithms that include auto hover mode with multi directional thrust control, and autopilot modes with moving aerodynamics surfaces in addition to thrust control).
- Performing open loop dynamic simulations to define the characteristics of the airship via 6DOF desktop simulation tool developed in MATLAB/Simulink environment.
- Developing and/or reviewing the requirements regarding the flight control law algorithm design.
- Designing control algorithms for the airship (autopilot modes, stability augmentation and navigation algorithms in MATLAB-Simulink environment).
- Performing closed loop analysis and evaluation of the flying qualities and the performance with respect to the related European Certification Standards.
- Generating the source code of the algorithm to be implemented to the FCS software hardware in the loop tests.
- Managing the FCL performance and improvement tests in the Hardware in loop and iron bird.
- Managing the FCL performance and improvement tests in the flight test campaign and interact with multiple interfacing teams to finalize the FCL design.
- Master of science degree (or engineering diploma) in Aeronautics/Aerospace, Control or Electrical &Electronics.
- 5 to 10 years of proven experience.
- Professional experience in air vehicle flight control law (FCL) algorithm design, stability, and performance analyses of FCL algorithms, 6DOF modeling and simulation.
- Experience and/or a good level of knowledge about flying qualities standards and specifications.
- High level of experience in MATLAB/Simulink and Visual C.
- Experience and/or a good level of knowledge about conversion of MATLAB Simulink models to C codes.
- Experience and/or a good level of knowledge about implementation of user interfaces such as flight gear and flight simulator to MATLAB-Simulink based simulation models.
- Experience and/or a good level of knowledge about pilot-in-the-loop simulations and/or hardware in the loop tests.
- Having an extraordinary dynamism, ambition, and ability to cope with changes quickly.
- Being a team player and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Fluent in English and French.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to Mostapha.email@example.com and mention the position title in the subject line.
Qualifications requises et exigences
Voir description de l'emploi ci-dessus // See job description above.
Compétences et habiletés
- Formation : Universitaires
- Expérience : 6 ans ou plus
- Profil : Ingénierie