Description et responsabilités générales du poste
Category: Ball Screw and Actuators
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
Responsibilities associated with this position are typically performed in an industrial-manufacturing setting requiring appropriate personal protective wear and consistent observance of established safety policies. Heroux-Devtek at Beaver Aerospace & Defense maintains compliance with FAA and DOT regulations by ensuring a drug-free workplace.
Summary of position
This position will work to create and enforce a culture of safety and environmental compliance within the organization and jointly implement programs, policies and assessments to ensure Beaver (and all of its employees) are in compliance with all federal and internal health, safety, and environmental regulations. The ideal candidate should be able to monitor, identify trends and build programs in many areas such as: PPE, electrical safety, lockout/tag out, blood borne pathogen, machine guarding, forklift, hazard communication, air permitting and hazardous waste management.
• Create, implement and present EHS Training Plans by proactively identifying root causes of environmental problems; propose best action plans.
• Establish, implement, influence and present training programs in general safety and facility training and/or specialty area.
• Promote and guide EHS activities and follow-up with Operations leadership on facility deficiencies, monthly safety inspections required to prevent and eliminate deficiencies of inspections by regulatory agencies.
• Monitor and update safety policies, guidelines and procedures on industry regulatory issues, industry trends, institutional professional development and trainings that would bring added value to Heroux Devtek’s programs.
• Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee / supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach
• Participate in the development of safety guidelines, trainings and related environmental health and safety communications and educational information.
• Assist with review of accidents and incidents which occur along with assisting with reporting the corrective actions.
• Serve as a member of safety committees/councils.
• Support facility growth and expansion considering; Air permitting, Recycling/Waste minimization activities, Regulatory Issues and Safety equipment.
• Perform other related duties as assigned such as but not limited to; filling, monitoring data and maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements, SOP’s, best safe work practices and utilization of equipment.
Qualifications requises et exigences• Bachelor’s degree in environmental health and Safety, Industrial Safety, or a related field with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Previous working experience establishing Environmental Health and Safety program
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment leading environmental, safety compliance and regulations.
• Safety Certification/s (CSP, ASP, SMS, OHST, CHST, STS, STSC, CET) a plus
• Working knowledge of federal and state regulations including but not limited to IMDS, OSHA, MIOSHA, EPA and DOT regulations is a must.
• Hands-on experience with performing audits and writing reports and experience with ISO 14001 certification.
• Self-starter with excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize workload
• Great interpersonal and communication skill
Compétences et habiletés
- Formation : Autre
- Expérience : Autre
- Profil : Autre