Description et responsabilités générales du poste
Category: Permanent Full Time
Job Type: J0121-0152
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
The Landing Gear Market specializes in the design, qualification, manufacture and repair and overhaul of landing gears and flight critical components to a customer base that extends from the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to the Operators in both the commercial and military markets.
Summary of position
The cost accountant is responsible for maintaining all aspects of a standard cost system along with the analysis and reporting on actual cost, margin by product/customers, and purchase price and manufacturing variance by item and product types. The position is also responsible for Inventory Control, month end reconciliations, cycle counts and physical counts. Additionally, this position requires that the cost accountant work closely with the general manager of the plant(s) to ensure KPI and certain metrics are reported and analyzed to ensure optimal production performance. This position reports directly to the Controller of the Business Unit.
requires that the cost accountant work closely with the general manager of the plant(s) to ensure KPI and certain metrics are reported and analyzed to ensure optimal production performance. This position reports directly to the Controller of the Business Unit.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Ensure that internal controls related to their area of expertise are applied as per Corporate Policies.
- Reports monthly, quarterly, and annual analysis on overhead expenses to management thru KPI analysis and explanation (detailed rate sheet analysis)
- Works with management of plant(s) to ensure spending is in control compared to budgeted and forecasted targets
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and gross margin analysis, including purchasing and manufacturing costs variance analysis, special tooling amortization, margin review and analysis, and productivity improvement follow-up.
- Manages the Cycle Count process and leads Annual Physical count process as well as the reconciliation of the results and provides recommendations to operations.
- Is responsible for establishing and managing standard costs and make recommendations for improvements.
- On a monthly basis, reconcile the various inventory modules and complete the various schedules related to inventory.
- Perform Scrap Analysis and Rework Analysis on a monthly basis. Ensure supplier responsibility scrap is recovered. Process Inventory Disposable as necessary.
- Perform the risk analysis related to the inventories and the potential loss on contracts on a quarterly basis and provides the appropriate coverage for the company.
- Ensure a monthly review of each program profitability and results with the various program managers and the management team.
- Ensure the preparation in a timely fashion of the annual audit file for the sections under their responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications requises et exigences- BS/BA Accounting or Finance (CPA or CMA designation not required)
- 3+ years relevant accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Candidate should be a self-starter (hands-on), resourceful, and highly motivated with strong computer skills and knowledge of ERP systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be results oriented, and likes to take on challenges
- Good technical accounting knowledge, communication, organizational and analytical skills with a high level of proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel.
- Sense of urgency towards meeting deadlines and resolving open issues
Compétences et habiletés
- Formation : Autre
- Expérience : Autre
- Profil : Autre