Description et responsabilités générales du poste
Category: Landing Gear
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
The Landing Gear Market specializes in the design, qualification, manufacture and repair and overhaul of landing gears and flight critical components to a customer base that extends from the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to the Operators in both the commercial and military markets.
Summary of position
The role of Continuous Improvement Manager is to drive developments in quality, manufacturing efficiencies and business processes by utilizing continuous improvement techniques within the Nottingham facility. This is an exciting opportunity for the incumbent to influence decision making throughout the organisation and to gain valuable strategic cross functional knowledge.
The key responsibilities of this position are:
1. To be a “leader of change” whilst being comfortable working with all levels within the organization and having the confidence to question the status quo
2. Manage and lead continuous improvement projects, as well as be a trainer and coach to others
3. Apply lean manufacturing tools (PFMEA, time studies etc..) and methodology in the implementation of manufacturing excellence initiatives
4. Manage a portfolio of lean projects directed at reducing waste, improving quality and delivering greater value within the business, whilst utilising such tools as: 5S, VSM, DMS and Kaizen.
5. Train, coach and motivate employees/teams in the understanding and adoption of new principles and techniques by involving people in the process and focusing on measurable quality, efficiency and cost improvements
6. Drive the standardisation of processes and the implementation of metrics and best practices.
Main Challenge (Mandate)
1. Improve quality of NPI (new product introduction) of CNC machined components
2. Enhance Manufacturing Engineering Methods & planning strategy / Catia programming
3. Ramp up new machines capacity/efficiency + deliver increased combo hours
Qualifications requises et exigencesKey Skill Requirements:
1. Qualified in a mechanical/industrial engineering discipline to Degree level.
2. Experience in machining/programming/quality/planning (ERP)
3. Demonstrable experience of continuous improvement techniques within their own working environment.
4. Results orientated. Self-driven.
5. Effective communication techniques which have been demonstrated throughout the organisation.
6. Strategic thinking with the ability to lead and motivate cross functional teams/Informal leadership environment
Compétences et habiletés
- Formation : Autre
- Expérience : Autre
- Profil : Autre