Description et responsabilités générales du poste
MTLS Aerostructure is an innovative company offering aerospace engineering services, based in Montreal and we conduct our operations across Canada, United states, and Europe. We aim to exceed our clients’ expectations with our proactive partnership approach and to promote our ambassador’s expertise.
Do you want to have a key role in a human-sized structure?
Are you ready to meet new challenges by actively participating in different projects?
Are you proactive and known for your efficiency and your organizational skills?
We offer you the opportunity to join our team within a dynamic and a growing SME facing new challenges every day.
- The aeronautical experimental development engineer – Battery specialist will be responsible for identifying, developing, and validating new technologies and concepts in the aerospace domain.
- Sizing of power storage devices and battery pack for propulsion purpose.
- Defining and/or drafting reports on methods, processes, and tools for the design and validation of on-board electrical energy storage devices, (Batteries, BMS, High Power feeder EWIS,).
- Developing architecture, feasibility, and prototyping studies of the “on-board battery system” for full electric aircraft concepts and Hybrid concept.
- Handling the preparation, monitoring, and analyses of ground tests and test flights.
- Coordinating subcontracted activities relating to aeronautical experimental development engineering, specifically those related to batteries and related ECUs
- Proposing and coordinating research activities in connection with university and research centers.
- Monitoring technological developments and market survey to be able to identify emerging technologies of batteries and electrical storage.
- Elaborate simulation performance models of the components and subsystems related to batteries (use of MATLAB Simulink tools) functional and physical and performance to contribute to multidisciplinary development activities of the aircraft.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- A prior professional experience in the role is an asset
- Experience with performing electrical circuit simulations and modeling.
- Experience with requirements review, component selection, definition of work packages, and generation of test procedures in aerospace environment is a plus.
- Prior experience with development and production of battery pack in electrically powered aircraft program. (Other prior experience in other field of electrical transportation will be considered)
- Knowledge of electrical interconnects and testing methods (and fiber optic, is a plus).
- Knowledge of network systems and communication.
- Knowledge of the safety critical complex electrical and electronical hardware design standards such as ARP4754, DO254, DO178.
- Knowledge of the guidance and recommendations such as FAA AC 20-184, RTCA DO 311A, RTCA DO347, RTCA DO227A and environmental testing DO160G.
- Ability to diagnose and solve a variety of electrically related problems and document the testing processes and results in the appropriate problem reporting system.
- Excellent communication skills to interface with peers, and other aircraft project stakeholders
- Experience with network protocols including MIL-STD-1553B, CANBUS.
- Experience with test and troubleshooting of battery with networked communication environments, including diagnostic equipment
- Prior experience with major program design reviews (Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, Manufacturing Design Review, Test Readiness Review).
- Supervision of battery components/assembly’s suppliers.
- Communication skills in English are required. Speaking French is an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to Mostapha.firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the position title in the subject line.
Qualifications requises et exigences
Voir description de l'emploi ci-dessus // See job description above.
Compétences et habiletés
- Formation : Universitaires
- Expérience : 6 ans ou plus
- Profil : Ingénierie