Job description and general duties
Category: Ball Screw and Actuators
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
Responsibilities associated with this position are typically performed in an industrial-manufacturing setting requiring appropriate personal protective wear and consistent observance of established safety policies at all times. Heroux-Devtek at Beaver Aerospace & Defense maintains compliance with FAA and DOT regulations by ensuring a drug-free workplace.
Summary of position
The Thread Grinder sets up and grinds excess materials from internal and external surfaces. This job description indicates the general nature and level of the work that is expected. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties may be required.
• Moves machine controls to index workpiece and adjust machine for pre-selected operational settings
• Grinds according to specifications
• Computes machine indexing and settings for specified dimension and base reference points
• Studies blueprints, work order, or machining instructions to determine product dimensions, tooling, and to plan operational sequence
• Observes and adjusts machine operation
• Selects grinding wheels to be used in machine operation, utilizing knowledge of machine and production requirements
• Mounts and positions wheels in machine chuck, spindle, or other tool holding device to specifications, using hand tools
• Maintains stock of machine parts and machining tools
• Repairs or replaces machine parts, using hand tools or notifies engineering personnel when corrective action is required
Job qualifications and basic requirements• High school diploma or equivalent
• Vocational training or 3 years of Thread Grinder experience
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening, including marijuana, and background check
• Certain positions may require an additional physical examination
Skills and qualifications
- Education : Other
- Experience : Other
- Profile : Other