Job description and general duties
L3 Technologies MAS, located in Trenton (ON), is a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
For more than 8 years, we have been repairing, maintaining and modernizing the CC-150 Polaris fleet operating 3 configurations for troop/pax movement, cargo/tanker operations, and VVIP travel. VVIP travel includes the Royal Family, the Governor General, and our Prime Minister. Thanks to our technical skills and our passionate employees, our teams have the opportunity to work on different fleets of aircraft such as: CH-148 Cyclone, CH-147F Chinook, and the F-18 Hornets for nearly 30 years, and many more…and there is more to come.
As Tasking, Resource Coordinator (Hybrid position):
You will be a key member of the CC150 Operations team, working closely with Operations Centres, supervisors and unionized employees. You will fulfill a critical onsite role in a dynamic environment; you will ensure the timely and effective provision of human resources, in a union environment, to facilitate staffing requirements necessary to perform daily line and enroute aircraft maintenance. Key to your success is your ability to organize, react and respond to mission requirements. You will provide timely and accurate information to employees while resolving issues with customers and supervisors while monitoring shift schedules to ensure qualified personnel are appropriately assigned to aircraft missions. You will promote the values of L3 within your work teams to promote a professional culture.
- Plan, organize, allocate, manifest, and record daily tasking requirements;
- Understand and operate within parameters of a Collective Agreement to ensure equalization lists are followed in the selection of personnel for tasks;
- Represent CC150 Operations at various meetings, maintaining professional relations with customers and members of the Operations team;
- Manage emergency requirements and work on contingencies to minimize operational impacts;
- Know and understand Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) qualifications and mission requirements; appropriately matching skills to tasks;
- Work closely with AME and management to identify and address resource, qualification, administrative and logistical issues including details of tasking, transportation, and accommodation requirements;
- Manage scheduling of personnel on daily shift rotation and update appropriate databases;
- Engage with AME and operations centers to notifiy and update employees of new and changing requirements;
- Generate system reports and maintain excellent records of decision;
- Follow daily release and amendments to aircraft tasking messages, ensuring accurate creation of flight schedules and balancing personnel resources (shift schedules).
Job qualifications and basic requirements
Qualifications / Assets / Skills:
- Post secondary degree/certificate an asset;
- Proficiency in MS office suite of tools (primarily word and excel) in a windows environment;
- 5 years Experience in an Operations environment;
- Previous experience working with unions/familiarity with Collective Agreements;
- Thrives in a highly fluid and ever changing environment;
- Highly organized and able to play close attention to detail;
- Able to clearly communicate details of requirements to a diverse workforce;
- Bilingual is an asset (French / English);
- Excellent aptitude for working in a team, collaborating and communicating with up down and laterally in a chain of command;
- Able to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Must be eligible for registration to the Controlled Goods Program;
- Must be eligible to obtaining and maintaining the government of Canada’s “Reliability” status and Level 2 (Secret) security clearance.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue, 48,000 employees and customers in more than 100 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
At L3Harris MAS you will:
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company and be recognized for your impact;
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule allowing you to conciliate work-life balance;
- Participate in gathering sports and social activities organized by the staff for the staff;
- Have access to exclusive on-site services such as massotherapy, cafeteria with outdoor patio, fitness and language classes, seasonal tire change, annual vaccination clinic, charging stations for electric vehicles and more;
- Benefit from a Comprehensive Employee Benefits Package, including a customizable group insurance plan that fits your needs and lifestyle, and a Group RRSP with contribution match-up.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, provincial or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Skills and qualifications
- Education : College
- Experience : 3 years or more
- Profile : Administration