Industrial/manufacturing engineer, Materials engineer, Composite materials technician
Job description and general duties
Structural Systems Design Engineer
The Rolls-Royce Canada Limited team has an exciting opportunity as a Structural Systems Design Engineer (Finite Element Analysis Specialist). This is a new role will be based out of the Peterborough Ontario site and forms part of the core Engineering team. In this role, you shall perform and audit analysis on key structural components designed in house and COTS parts when required. You will provide guidance on the best practices and methods to use at our local facility, and when called upon at other Rolls-Royce facilities.
Dream Big & Make an Impact
As a Structural Systems Design Engineer, you will also be responsible to work with on site manufacturing engineering to support production queries where a higher level of problem complexity is encountered. This role will have some interactions with customers and vendors to resolve technical issues and direction, as well as providing information to support.
Innovation is our DNA at Rolls-Royce. At our Peterborough, Ontario location we develop custom electro-mechanical solutions for our Naval Defence and Marine customers.
- Conduct Static, Time History and Spectral Structural Analysis to ensure that they are safe and fit for purpose.
- Conduct Vibration, Dynamic and Mechanical Analysis to ensure that they are safe and fit for purpose.
- Audit and check such analysis conducted by other engineers.
- Define and review processes of the local engineering group to ensure they fall within best practices.
- Review cases forwarded by the manufacturing engineering department where they require more specialized consideration.
- Review technical issues with customers and vendors as required.
- Develop, Review, and Edit Technical Documents as needed to support the site needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or comparable STEM Degree
- Minimum of 10 years experience; preferrable with an FEA background
- Must be a Professional Engineer in good standing
- Proficiency in computer and technical skills including: Ansys, SolidWorks EPDM, SAP, and MS Office.
- In order to be considered for this role you must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
- In order to be considered for this role you must obtain Canadian Controlled Goods and Reliability Security Clearance
- Must be able to clearly communicate with the engineering team and maintain an awareness of current efforts, as well as guide others on technical matters
- Experience with Simulink
- Exposure to use of Machine Tools and Welding Processes
- Proven ability to operate independently within cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills.
Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential. You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here.
Job qualifications and basic requirements
Please see complete job description
Skills and qualifications
- Education : University
- Experience : 6 years or more
- Profiles : Industrial/manufacturing engineer, Materials engineer, Composite materials technician