Héroux-Devtek, dont le siège social est situé à Longueuil (Québec) au Canada, est une société active à l’échelle mondiale desservant le marché de l’aérospatiale par le biais d’ installations de production situées en Amérique du Nord et en Europe. La longévité de la société, sa souplesse et ses réalisations en matière de développement et de mise en oeuvre de systèmes de production novateurs lui ont permis de se démarquer comme un chef de file dans le marché des trains d'atterrissage.
Job description and general duties
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Division: Landing Gear
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
The Landing Gear Market specializes in the design, qualification, manufacture and repair and overhaul of landing gears and flight critical components to a customer base that extends from the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to the Operators in both the commercial and military markets.
Summary of position
This facility (63,000 sq. ft.) provides repair and overhaul activities and manufacture of hydraulic system and components.
Responsibilities & Expectations
1. Owner of Quality System.
- Determination of team size and needed skills sets.
- Selection and performance review of team members.
- Facilitation of employee’s continuing education, training (including product reliability) and licensing.
- With input from applicable activity managers establish effective and efficient quality control systems.
- Responsible for QA manual compliance to FAA/EASA and customer requirements.
- Establish all CMM supporting work practices and where applicable coordinate with UK.
- Ensure that chief inspector and inspectors are performing all defined QA system activities.
- Owner of supplier quality performance system and interface with procurement.
- Final authority for product airworthiness and supporting documentation.
- Oversight responsibility for testing equipment calibration schedule adherence.
2. Audit Manager
- Oversight of all AS9100/AS9110 internal compliance audits and third party certification audits.
- Interface with customer, FAA, certification auditors and APPH Group on audit results follow-up.
- Define, track and ensure completion of all corrective/preventive actions.
- Strive to keep yourself educated on the latest AS9100/AS9110 standards.
- Work with functional managers to prioritize and drive the training of all employees relative to system
expectations and new initiatives.
- Document and track all QMS improvement and/or change initiatives.
- Interface with third party internal auditor.
3. Quality Liaison for all engineering design and re-design initiatives.
- Ensure timely customer contact regarding all non conformance or variation issues.
- Document and track all quality escapes and their associated corrective actions.
- Promote the use of statistical analysis when determining quality escape or reliability root causes.
- Establish reliability tracking and trend analysis with tie back to suppliers of critical purchased components.
- Where applicable integrate QA knowledge into new product or existing product design issues.
- Assist with the development of products where applicable.
- Owner of NMR process.
4. Member of APPH Management Team
- Participate in all business review meetings, with responsibility for Quality System action items and
- Member of Engineering Review Committee, Safety Board and Production Team.
- Participate in CI Team activities and drive CI within the Quality Department.
- Experience managing a Quality Department with direct reports.
- Maintenance Repair and Overhaul experience including certifying parts for an 8130 license.
Job qualifications and basic requirementsTraining and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, with at least 5 – 10 years’ experience in job related environment.
• stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
• exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or
• exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally
• exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Visual Acuity: Near acuity and accommodation are required for reading machine dial gauges, blueprints, and precision measuring instruments used in the inspection of parts.
Skin exposure to Hydraulic fluid, MEK and solvents.
Responsibility and Expectation:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, work order routers, bills of material and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence utilizing appropriate spelling, grammar and punctuation. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized and specialized situations.
Skills and Abilities:
• Blueprint interpretations
• Good written or verbal skills
• Knowledge of material specifications
• Knowledge of methods and processing
• Problem solving skills
• Good Organizational skills
• Basic computer skills
Skills and qualifications
- Education : Other
- Experience : Other
- Profile : Quality