Mechanical engineer, Industrial/manufacturing engineer, Assembler
Job description and general duties
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Assembler to join the team. In this role, you must possess the skills and knowledge required to complete both electrical and mechanical assemblies on time while achieving the highest quality standards set by Rolls Royce.
Dream Big & Make an Impact
As a Mechanical Assembler, you will assist engineering and provide input during testing of equipment.
Innovation is our DNA at Rolls-Royce. At our Peterborough, Ontario location we develop custom electro-mechanical solutions for our Naval Defence and Marine customers.
- Assemble parts correctly to achieve specific tolerances as noted on drawings
- Perform system setup and integration prior to testing
- Operate cranes and lift truck as required
- Assist Engineering with testing and troubleshooting both electrical and mechanical
- Provide input for best practices for assembling, testing
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering in diagnosing problems and work toward a solution
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure final product meets Rolls Royce standards
- Perform service work as required
- Interface with customers during testing
- Licensed Millwright or similar
- 3-5 years of experience within Mechanical Assembly
- Experienced in reading and understanding of how machine systems work both electrically and mechanically
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Must possess good communication skills
- Able to teach and mentor junior/fellow employees
- Must have the ability to remain focused and in control of emotions under stressful situations, eg. breakdowns during testing, tight timelines to produce a final quality product
Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential. You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here.
Job qualifications and basic requirements
Please see complete job description
Skills and qualifications
- Education : Secondary - Vocational
- Experience : 3 years or more
- Profiles : Mechanical engineer, Industrial/manufacturing engineer, Assembler