Héroux-Devtek, dont le siège social est situé à Longueuil (Québec) au Canada, est une société active à l’échelle mondiale desservant le marché de l’aérospatiale par le biais d’ installations de production situées en Amérique du Nord et en Europe. La longévité de la société, sa souplesse et ses réalisations en matière de développement et de mise en oeuvre de systèmes de production novateurs lui ont permis de se démarquer comme un chef de file dans le marché des trains d'atterrissage.
Job description and general duties
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Division: Ball Screw and Actuators
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
The facility, which is Michigan-based, is a vertically integrated manufacturer with a growing portfolio of company-designed products. It designs and manufactures custom ball screws from a variety of materials and also designs, manufactures, assembles and tests electromechanical actuators.
Summary of position
The Mill Hand runs production cycles to meet production expectations. This job description indicates the general nature and level of the work that is expected. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties may be required.
• Clean and lubricate equipment.
• Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using hoists.
• Mark or tag identification on parts.
• Observe equipment operations so malfunctions can be detected, and notify production leader of any malfunctions.
• Monitor machine cycles to detect jamming and to ensure product conforms to specifications.
• Examine, inspect, and measure raw materials and finished products to verify conformance to specifications.
• Runs production cycles to move product through the department on schedule.
Job qualifications and basic requirements• Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, right angle trig, and their applications.
• Operation and Control — Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
• Operation Monitoring — Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
• Equipment Maintenance — Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
• Troubleshooting — Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
• Quality Control Analysis — Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
• Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
• Equipment Selection — Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
• Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
• Arm-Hand Steadiness — The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
• Static Strength — The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
• Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
• Multi-limb Coordination — The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
• Control Precision — The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
• Selective Attention — The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
• High school diploma
• Ability to work with tools
• General machine knowledge
Skills and qualifications
- Education : Other
- Experience : Other
- Profile : Other