Job description and general duties
Electrical Design Engineer
There is an exciting opportunity to join our team working on the Mission Bay Handling System for the Type 26 frigate being built for the United Kingdom's Royal Navy. As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will analyse and translate high level requirements and applicable standards into electrical design requirements.
Dream Big & Make an Impact
In this role, you will work within an innovative team to provide targeted testing of electrical functionality to support problem investigation, problem closures and customer issues. The role is a great opportunity to utilise your experience with HMI, Siemens Step 7, Solidworks and AutoCAD.
Innovation is our DNA at Rolls-Royce. At our Peterborough, Ontario location we develop custom electro-mechanical solutions for our Naval Defence and Marine customers.
- Analyses and translates high level requirements and applicable standards into electrical design requirements
- Liaises with other disciplines to understand functional performance capabilities of components of the system to facilitate effective electrical design
- Designs and implements electrical designs to meet requirements including their testability
- Analyses of electrical designs for functional behaviour, which may include modelling and simulation to demonstrate that the design meets the high level requirements
- Develops and reviews electrical tests that will provide evidence to demonstrate that the electrical requirements have been satisfied
- Analyses verification test results against electrical requirement; produces reports and associated documentation
- Manage testing at third-party test house(s)
- Support system level testing at our facility and in the field
- A recognized electrical engineering degree and license with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) as a P.Eng.
- Proficiency in English with a high level of verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with industrial control systems (PLC, HMI) would be advantageous
- In order to be considered for this position, you must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Needs to be comfortable working around large equipment.
- Must be willing to travel on an occasional basis to support product commissioning/testing in the field.
- Must be willing to travel to support design qualification testing at third-party test house(s).
Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential. You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here.
Job qualifications and basic requirements
Please see complete job description
Skills and qualifications
- Education : University
- Experience : 3 years or more
- Profile : Electrical/electronics engineer