Artificial intelligence engineer
Job description and general duties
About the team you are joining
We are seeking a savvy Data Scientist with the skills, energy and business acumen to excel in our aviation data modeling and analysis unit. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow. You will support our software developers and data architects to ensure optimal data delivery across various aviation initiatives. Your contribution will be critical in many areas, e.g. cleansing industry data, building and maintaining forecasting models, and generating output files usually transmitted to clients or loaded into databases. Help us support the industry with leading products and developing the next generation of business intelligence tools for the aviation industry. Aviation data is one of IATA’s key industry strategies and you will be part of the core team supporting this vision.
What your day would be like
· We expect you to create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture, including algorithms and prototypes, so you can interpret trends and patterns and prepare data for prescriptive and predictive data modelling.
· You will build analytical tools that utilize the data pipeline, transform and load new data sets, to provide actionable insights while maintaining the data secure and accessible.
· You may code new programs for ad hoc reports, custom products, and new production jobs while maintaining, improving, and executing existing Python/PySpark models and SQL and/or no SQL scripts. This will help you meeting deadlines for new products, features, and enhancements, as well as large historical data deliveries to existing and new customers.
· You are able to see new opportunities to complement our data processing environment with new tools and techniques an at the same time manage and perform timely monthly/weekly production job as well as provide developer level technical support in the pre-sale and post-sale phase.
Job qualifications and basic requirements
We would love to hear from you if
· You have experience in performing root cause analysis on internal/external data and processes to answer specific business questions and find opportunities for improvements.
· You master Python/PySpark programming and SQL. With your strong analytical skills and working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable “big data” stores for varied data sets, you will be able to transform, cleanse, impute, and mash up data, and implement algorithms.
· You have the passion for data processing, data modelling, analytics and complex operations and working experience with AWS EC2, S3, EMR and Snowflake, with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and basic knowledge of airline terminology and airline business metrics, passenger aviation data (ticketing, booking, itinerary data, schedules), US DOT aviation data (DB1B and T-100), QSI.
· You have experience with working on aviation data types.
· You have a minimum of 3- 5 years’ experience in a data science role.
· A BS or MS in any quantitative field (computer science, systems engineering, mathematics, economics, statistics, etc.) or relevant experience, plus 5+ years’ experience with PySpark programming in a business environment, particularly with data modelling, or in a “big data” context, enables you to translate technical concepts into business language.
· Keep in mind that we work in a multi-culture environment with a collaborative working style and customer support approach where your proficient English, both spoken and written, enables you to discuss complex technical subjects with clarity and precision.
· Ideally you would have airline data experience and be familiar with Linux and Redhat environments, command line and shell scripting, with:
- Agile methodologies, particularly Kanban
- GIT source control
- Machine learning
Skills and qualifications
- Education : University
- Experience : 3 years or more
- Profile : Artificial intelligence engineer