Job description and general duties
Category: Landing Gear
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
The Landing Gear Market specializes in the design, qualification, manufacture and repair and overhaul of landing gears and flight critical components to a customer base that extends from the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to the Operators in both the commercial and military markets.
Summary of position
Uses professional accounting concepts and internal company policies to solve accounting issues including the maintenance of internal controls. Prepares monthly financial package, supervises the assignments of the accounting staff as they relate to general ledger, fixed assets, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and cost.
1. Owner of ERP system accounts receivable and accounts payable, general ledger and financial activities.
- Establish and maintain accurate general ledger accounts.
- Ensure that an accurate and timely A/R & A/P reporting system is in place (includes past due balances).
- Preparation of all weekly and monthly financial reports (includes Mpack and CAP Gross Margin Statement).
- Provide detailed analysis of critical expense categories as agreed upon by controller and President (categories may change as needed).
- Maintain business performance metrics which help us optimize our business performance.
- Where applicable assist Operations Support with inventory cycle count and variance reports.
- Constructively solve problems and continuously improve (efficiency and effectiveness) the processes utilized for implementing the above functions.
- Ensure that back-up procedures are in place to maintain vital functions during absence.
2. Assist with implementation of IFS database information.
- Preparation of all IFS weekly, monthly and year end financial reports
- Be trained to provide backup to HR on Providing labor detail reports to appropriate managers.
3. Owner of following APPH Wichita activities.
- Bank accounts management and reconciliation
- Petty cash.
- Company credit card oversight.
- Member of monthly Business Review team.
- Member of Credit Policy team.
- Coordinate all APPH business and automobile insurance activities.
- Complete and submit all APPH Census reports.
4. Analysis of APPH Gross Margins.
- Work with president and profit center managers on margin analysis of underperforming parts.
- Track the effectiveness of all part margin improvement strategies.
5. Safety Assurance
• Be informed on the conditions affecting the safety of their work
• Participate in safety training
• Adhere to established safety practices
• Report near misses and incidents
• Assist in incident investigations
Job qualifications and basic requirementsBachelor’s Degree in Accounting and CPA Designation are mandatory.
Minimum of 5 years accounting experience required, preferably in a management/supervisory position
Competent in Microsoft Office and Excel. IFS experience preferred.
Skills and qualifications
- Education : Other
- Experience : Other
- Profile : Other