Job description and general duties
Category: Ball Screw and Actuators
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
Responsibilities associated with this position are typically performed in an industrial-manufacturing setting requiring appropriate personal protective wear and consistent observance of established safety policies at all times. Heroux-Devtek at Beaver Aerospace & Defense maintains compliance with FAA and DOT regulations by ensuring a drug-free workplace.
Summary of position
The CNC Mill Operator sets up, operates to mill, plane, shape, groove, or profile metal work pieces. This job description indicates the general nature and level of the work that is expected. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties may be required.
• Selects and installs cutting tools and other accessories according to specifications, using hand tools or power tools
• Adjusts controls to set cutting specifications, position cutting tool and workpiece in relation to each other, and start machine
• Observes machine operation and adjusts controls to ensure conformance with specified tolerances.
• Turns valve to begin and regulate the flow of coolant on work area
• Verifies alignment of workpiece on machine, using measuring instruments, such as rules, gauges, or calipers
• Selects cutting speed, feed rate, and depth of cut, applying knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics
• Moves cutter or material manually or by turning handwheel, or engages automatic feeding mechanism to mill workpiece to specifications
• Studies blueprint, layout, sketch, or other specifications to determine materials needed, sequence of operations, dimensions, and tooling instructions.
• Records production output.
• Makes templates or cutting tools
Job qualifications and basic requirementsMinimum Requirements:
• High school diploma
• 2 years of Milling training or hands-on experience or a combination of both
Skills and qualifications
- Education : Other
- Experience : Other
- Profile : Other