Héroux-Devtek, dont le siège social est situé à Longueuil (Québec) au Canada, est une société active à l’échelle mondiale desservant le marché de l’aérospatiale par le biais d’ installations de production situées en Amérique du Nord et en Europe. La longévité de la société, sa souplesse et ses réalisations en matière de développement et de mise en oeuvre de systèmes de production novateurs lui ont permis de se démarquer comme un chef de file dans le marché des trains d'atterrissage.
Job description and general duties
Category: NC Programming
Job Type: Temporary Full Time
Division: Landing Gear
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
The Landing Gear Market specializes in the design, qualification, manufacture and repair and overhaul of landing gears and flight critical components to a customer base that extends from the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to the Operators in both the commercial and military markets.
Summary of position
Create new programs and edit existing programs for CNC Lathe Machines, especially Mazak I300.
• Assist in the New Part Bid Process
- Full understanding of lathe and mill machine capabilities.
- Analyze new part requirements/specifications/geometry for manufacturing compatibility (separate those that we can produce effectively from those we cannot).
- Utilize programming to evaluate required machine time on new parts for bidding purposes.
- Use IFS to track estimated machine time versus actual machine time on all parts.
• Programming of All Machined Parts
- Manage associated engineering updates and program maintenance.
- Keep ALL programs secured in programmers’ office or server file location.
- Make sure that all programs are backed up on another system for protection against loss, and assist in maintaining the DNC system.
- Ensure that programming database reflects our machine and tool capabilities (update as necessary).
- Define and coordinate with Engineering Manager the methodology for all lathe and milled parts.
- Accurate entry of geometry for part programming.
- Exhibit GD&T proficiency.
- Review and interpret drawing & process specifications for manufacturing requirements.
- Work alongside machinist proving out first article production of new parts, or re-programmed parts.
• Owner of CNC Program Retention Process
- Assist Engineering Manager and Shop Supervisor in defining CNC program guidelines. Coordinate with Engineering Manager to ensure that guidelines are being followed.
- Update and maintain Process Change Request forms with a focus on process control.
- Open dialogue with machinists relative to continuous improvement of part programs.
• Development of Master Work Order Router(s)
- Define sequence steps for manufacturing, processing, and finishing all new parts.
- Enter on a timely basis the required original work order router data into IFS.
- Modify existing work order router data as necessary.
- Convert existing program sequences onto Gibbs database. Review/evaluate/request ECR’s as requested/needed during the course of job duties.
• Training and Part Set-up Assistance
- Assist with definition and purchase of new machine tools and equipment, as requested by Site Leadership.
Job qualifications and basic requirementsTraining and Experience:
• 2 year degree in NC Programming/Manufacturing Technology with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in NC Programming or equivalent preferred, but not required, or High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of combined trade school, vocational education or relevant work experience.
• Must pass internal Certified Operator Program training.
• Knowledge and experience in use of CATIA, ENOVIA, Gibbs CAD/CAM and NC graphics software in a DNC environment. Post-processing software experience highly desirable, but not required.
• Basic Microsoft Office software skills preferred.
• Develop sketches, set-up and tooling sheets.
• Language Skills:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, work order routers, bills of material, and procedure manuals. Be able to write routine reports, and correspondence utilizing appropriate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Have the ability to speak effectively with internal and external customers.
• Mathematical Skills:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Be able to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw, and interpret bar graphs.
• Reasoning Ability:
Ability to apply intuitive understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Be able to solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized and specialized situations, both on the shop floor and during product development.
Skills and qualifications
- Education : Other
- Experience : Other
- Profile : Other