Job description and general duties
Category: Ball Screw and Actuators
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
The CNC Lathe Operator sets up and operates computer numerical controlled machine tools that automatically drill and ream metal parts. May adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machine malfunctions. This job description indicates the general nature and level of the work that is expected. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties may be required.
This is a second shift position (230PM-11PM).
Summary of position
• Selects, measures, assembles, and sets machine tools, such as drill bits and milling or cutting tools, using precision gauges and instruments
• Mounts, installs, aligns, and secures tools, attachments, fixtures, and workpiece on machine, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments
• Calculates and sets machine controls to position tools, regulate cutting depth, speed, feed, or coolant flow
• Positions and secures workpiece on machine bed, indexing table, fixture, or dispensing or holding device
• Loads control media, such as card or disk, in machine controller or enters commands to retrieve programmed instructions
• Starts automatic operation of numerical control machine to machine parts or test setup, workpiece dimensions, or programming
• Confers with supervisor or programmer to resolve machine malfunctions and production errors and obtains approval to continue production
• Maintains machines and removes and replaces broken or worn machine tools, using hand tools
• English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Mathematics – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statics and their applications.
• Equipment Selection — Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
• Equipment Maintenance — Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
• Operation and Control — Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
• Operation Monitoring — Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
• Quality Control Analysis — Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
• Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Number Facility — The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly
• Control Precision — The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions
• Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations)
• Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem
• Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
• Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
• Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
• Dynamic Strength — The ability to exert muscle force repeatedly or continuously over time. This involves muscular endurance and resistance to muscle fatigue
• High school diploma
• 1-2 years of CNC Lathe experience
Job qualifications and basic requirementsYou enjoy challenges, teamwork an a quality working environment that evolves continuously? Developing your competencies is a priority for you? Join Héroux-Devtek and "lets grow together".
Skills and qualifications
- Education : Other
- Experience : Other
- Profile : Other