Héroux-Devtek, dont le siège social est situé à Longueuil (Québec) au Canada, est une société active à l’échelle mondiale desservant le marché de l’aérospatiale par le biais d’ installations de production situées en Amérique du Nord et en Europe. La longévité de la société, sa souplesse et ses réalisations en matière de développement et de mise en oeuvre de systèmes de production novateurs lui ont permis de se démarquer comme un chef de file dans le marché des trains d'atterrissage.
Job description and general duties
Category: Landing Gear
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
The Landing Gear Market specializes in the design, qualification, manufacture and repair and overhaul of landing gears and flight critical components to a customer base that extends from the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to the Operators in both the commercial and military markets.
Summary of position
Inspects and adjusts gages and measuring instruments, such as dial indicators, fixed gages, height gages and electrical and functional gages, using master gages or master parts.
• Verifies accuracy of gages and measuring instruments, using master gages or master parts.
• Examines gages or measuring instruments for wear or adjustment.
• Disassembles inaccurate or worn gages and measuring instruments with hand tools.
• Inspects parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
• Verifies dimensions of parts against blueprint specifications.
• Measures surface flatness and finish using optical flats and profilameter.
• Computes unspecified dimensions and other data, using shop mathematics and trigonometry.
• Laps corroded or pitted surfaces.
• Reassembles gage and adjusts stop levers to specified settings.
• Inspects accuracy of new gages and instruments for conformance to blueprint specifications before they are released for production use.
• Print Control.
• Perform part inspection and other duties as needed.
Job qualifications and basic requirements• High School diploma or GED equivalent, and trade school, vocational education or apprenticeship.
• 2 or more years experience in a work related environment.
• Has a basic knowledge of the metrology, mathematics, and applicable technical disciplines required to perform the above duties.
• Must be able to write complete and concise calibration reports, and be capable of following written and verbal instructions.
• Must be able to exercise independent judgment in performing duties.
Skills and qualifications
- Education : Other
- Experience : Other
- Profile : Other