Héroux-Devtek, dont le siège social est situé à Longueuil (Québec) au Canada, est une société active à l’échelle mondiale desservant le marché de l’aérospatiale par le biais d’ installations de production situées en Amérique du Nord et en Europe. La longévité de la société, sa souplesse et ses réalisations en matière de développement et de mise en oeuvre de systèmes de production novateurs lui ont permis de se démarquer comme un chef de file dans le marché des trains d'atterrissage.
Job description and general duties
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Division: Landing Gear
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
Located in the suburbs of Cleveland, the Strongsville based facility recently expanded from 50,000 ft2 to 100,000 ft2 to handle surface treatment, finishing and painting, as well as subassembly of the Boeing 777 landing gear, the world’s largest commercial landing gear. The site became the central point of a major chain of production. Parts and components are machined in our plants across Canada and the USA and the critical finishing operations are performed in our Strongsville facility. Once the major subassemblies are completed in Strongsville, the landing gear leaves for its final destination to our Everett, WA facility, only five minutes away from Boeing’s Final Assembly Line.
Summary of position
- Preparing and submitting RFQ’s (requests for quotations)
- Analyzing proposals, negotiating price/lead time and terms and conditions
- Validate material requirements, issue purchase orders, obtain mfg. plans
- Expedite open purchase orders, ensuring on time delivery is met
- Update system (BaaN) with delivery changes, communicate all issues
- Procure all paints and sealant requirements for assembly
- Monitor supplier performance and provide feedback
- Participate in sales and program management meetings
- Follow up with suppliers on non-conformance corrective actions and any certification issues
- Perform Outside processing and Production Control responsibilities
- Release Production Orders and rework orders
- Split production orders and update Travelers
- Maintain Manufacturing Plan Rev Level Changes in Travelers
- Update production orders and travelers when PCR is received
- Update estimated setup and run times in Baan
- Create and update Gantt Charts
- Any other duties as assigned
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and health and safety requirements
Job qualifications and basic requirements-High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience preferred
-Two - Four years of experience in a manufacturing environment
-U.S. Person status required.
Skills and qualifications
- Education : Other
- Experience : Other
- Profile : Other