Sonovision Canada Inc. is a leading provider of Technical Documentation Services to clients across North America. Our staff of exceptional Subject Matter Experts (SME) help our clients in the Aerospace, Military and Commercial Sectors achieve time-to-market objectives and cost goals. Our global approach and decades of Technical Documentation experience allow us to meet these goals and objectives without sacrificing quality.
Our expert staff is comprised of dedicated Project Managers, Technical Writers, Authors, Illustrators, Editors, Courseware Developers, Desktop Publishers, Translators and language Technical Accuracy Check (TAC) specialists, along with other support staff, which allows Sonovision Canada Inc. to provide our clients with a complete turnkey documentation solution or just enough help to allow them to meet their end client requirements.
We are experts at producing Technical Documentation using a variety of documentation standards such as the ATA-2200 standard, the S1000D standard, and the S2000M standard – to name a few – as well as all MIL-SPEC documentation standards for both the Canadian Department of National Defence and the United States Department of Defense.
Sonovision Canada Inc. est un fournisseur de premier rang de documentation technique pour ses clients en Amérique du Nord. Notre équipe d’experts en la matière (EM) inégalée aide nos clients dans les domaines de l’aéronautique, du militaire et du commercial à atteindre leurs objectifs de marché et de coûts sans sacrifier la qualité grâce à nos années d’expérience en documentation technique et à notre approche globale.
Notre personnel expérimenté est composé de gestionnaires de projet, de rédacteurs techniques, d’auteurs, d’illustrateurs, de réviseurs, de concepteurs de cours techniques, d’opérateurs en éditique, de traducteurs et de spécialistes linguistiques en VET tous dédiés et accompagnés par une équipe de soutien qui permet à Sonovision Canada Inc. de fournir à nos clients une solution de documentation clé en main ou juste assez d’aide pour leur permettre de respecter les exigences de leur client final.
Nous sommes des experts en production de documentation technique et utilisons diverses normes en matière de documentation telles que la norme ATA-2200, la norme S1000D, la norme S2000M – pour en nommer quelques-unes – ainsi que les normes en matière de documentation MIL-SPEC du ministère canadien de la Défense nationale et du United States Department of Defense.
Job description and general duties
As a Configuration Management Technologist with Sonovision Canada, you will join an energetic team of aerospace professionals who are passionate about the work they do. This position is for a 6-month contract, with possibility of extension. Even though you will be working at our client site, you will be an employee of Sonovision.
- Research, understand and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, and other data sources.
- Extract relevant and required spare parts related data.
- Enter all critical spare parts attributes and information in the Parts Material Master environment in SAP (e.g. dangerous goods information, Harmonized Tariff Codes information, etc.), based on supporting engineering data.
- Create and validate various inter-disciplinary change requests (e.g. condition of supply (EDL/COS), SRPSA, RFC, etc.).
- Analyze and respond to various technical queries.
- Respond to queries in a timely fashion, and in accordance with pre-established turn-around-times.
- Provide support to various customer facing teams related to spare parts.
- Ensure that your work is accomplished to high quality standards.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure resolution of customer issues.
- Contribute to a continuous improvement culture by developing and implementing process enhancements.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with various teams, departments, and functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job qualifications and basic requirements
- You have a minimum of a college diploma or military training in aircraft maintenance or other aerospace discipline.
- You have 5 to 10 years of experience in aircraft maintenance, operations, aerospace engineering or equivalent.
- You have knowledge of aircraft systems, technologies and maintenance practices.
- You have knowledge of aircraft spare parts environments and practices.
- You possess good analytical skills.
- You are able to read and interpret Aircraft Illustrated Parts Catalogs, as well as various engineering documents, such as reports, drawings, specifications, etc.
- You are highly organized and able to plan and establish work priorities and you are capable of handling multiple tasks.
- You are excellent at following-through, closing the loop on Customer issues, providing detailed, high quality and accurate answers.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written).
- You are a team player, able to cooperate and collaborate in a team environment.
- You are able to build and maintain solid relationships and networks.
- You have a general understanding of Initial Provisioning SPEC 2000 data elements.
- You are flexible and open-minded.
- You have a strong customer focus.
- You work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- You adhere to high standards of quality.
- You have knowledge with MS Office systems and SAP system.
- You are bilingual, English and French.
- You are available to work on rotating work shifts (evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.).
Sonovision in the news regarding the Fixed Wing Search and Rescue (FWSAR) contract
Read more about it Here
The successful candidate must complete a background check, which will include previous employment reference checks, education verification, and a criminal history review. The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Sonovision Canada is committed to diversity and employment equity in the workplace. Applicants can make their needs known to HR and accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Skills and qualifications
- Education : College
- Experience : 6 years or more
- Profiles : Engineer, Specialized worker, Technician, Other